As the agency’s Head of Planning, you will be undertaking a key role within the agency, whilst also managing your own set of clients from a planning perspective, responding to planned and adhoc briefs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead by inspiring, nurturing and mentoring the individuals within the team.
- Be the face of the Planning discipline at the agency, educate other departments (workshops, training etc.) and provide ongoing advice and consultation where required.
- Represent Planning at Leadership and monthly Board meetings.
- Work closely with the Board as required to discuss current clients, new business opportunities, fresh initiatives and further develop the agency ‘planning product’.
- Collaborate with the Board and other internal stakeholders to develop effective processes and procedures in order to enhance business efficiencies.
- Promote and protect the commerciality of the business.
- Oversee all necessary administration, both personal and that of the team (timesheets, holiday requests, expenses etc.).
- Conduct reviews and annual appraisals of team members to ensure all key events take place and our IPA obligations are met.
You will need to ensure brand and advertising campaigns are aimed at the right customers, with the right message, through the right channels. You’ll need to fully understand global markets, products and services, becoming the internal expert in many areas.
You will be managing a team of three and working across several client accounts and brands at the same time.
In addition, daily responsibilities require the Head of Planning to:
- Carry out desk research.
- Carry out market research.
- Manage market research projects and external research agencies.
- Carry out statistical analysis.
- Develop client presentations.
- Brief the agency’s creative team about the client’s product or message.
- Liaise with creative/artworkers where required.
- Work with the project team, including art directors and copywriters.
- Help out with other assignments as agency requires.
- Building strong client relationships.
- Present the strategy to the client.
- Monitor audience response and sales figures and assess how successful campaign activity has been.
Skills, interests and qualities:
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Confidence, assertiveness and tact.
- The ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- An interest in psychology and consumer issues.
- The ability to cope with long hours and deadlines when required.
- A professional manner.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Brilliant client management.
Further details and full job description available on application.