The function of this role is to assist the Finance Manager in all ways required to ensure processing and management accounts are completed accurately and on a timely basis for all entities looked after by the Finance Manager.
This role may require you to occasionally work outside of normal contracted hours in order to meet deadlines and to ensure daily processing stays up-to-date (i.e. to ensure there is no backlog).
This role will require you to use your initiative and take responsibility to ensure all tasks are completed (and queries are answered) accurately and on a timely basis, including ad hoc tasks. There will be times when you will not be supervised but will still be expected to meet the requirements specified above. Therefore, you must be able to self-manage and motivate and develop your accounting skills. A professional accounting training support package is available with this role.
For the entities you are assigned to, all aspects of:
- Purchase invoice processing
- Credit card processing
- Expense claims processing
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Bank reconciliations
- Billing and credit control
- Filing and general administration (including answering phones/emails, banking, post, etc)
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
You will also be expected to assist with month end closing and the preparation of monthly management accounts.
Reporting to the Finance Manager
Your performance will be measured by assessing you on the following key areas:
- Speed and ability to meet deadlines
- Use of initiative
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Ability to answers queries quickly and accurately (when required)
- Ability to carry out the role in a professional manner and maintain a good working relationship within the department and other staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Good general understanding of accountancy, including a clear understanding of debits and credits, and the differences between Balance Sheets and P&Ls
- Experience of performing well under pressure
- Experience of working well on your own and as part of a team and managing your own time
- Pleasant telephone manner and the ability to quickly build professional working relationships
- High levels of accuracy, even when working under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience of working in a high process volume accounts department is preferable
The following attributes are essential:
- Client focus
- Team working
- Good IT and keyboard skills, including experience of accounting systems and MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
Further details and full job description available on application.