You will be working closely with the our digital project and development teams on a variety of projects and will be responsible for the design and implementation of various dedicated and shared infrastructures based on project/ client requirements as well as building and using tools for workflow automation.
Working across famous national and international brands, ideally, you will have experience in working with Amazon Web Services and have an understanding of secure infrastructure principles and have a great attention to detail as well as enjoying pushing the boundaries of what you do.
Location: Bournemouth (remote working available)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of AWS and WPE server health, namely performance and stability
- Proactively identify and mitigate against risks to server health
- Own the migration of legacy internal and external infrastructures to new internal systems
- Manage the creation, maintenance and decommission of development environments
- Seek opportunities to improve common development practices and formulate a plan of action with the Tech Leads to realise these
- Maintain thorough documentation of infrastructure and escalation procedures
- Support the expansion of knowledge of Dev Ops practices through the development team
- Drive infrastructure automation of everything manual using scripting tools
- Support code deployments when required
- Work with Tech Leads to establish a Company Disaster Recovery Plan and manage system failures in line with this
- Adopt security best practice and manage this ongoing
- Work with QA to introduce testing automation of back-end services.
Knowledge, skills and attributes required:
- 3+ years experience in a Dev Ops and / or System Admin role
- Degree level in Computer Science related fields
- Understanding and applicable experience of working with AWS
- The ability to write PHP to a high standard
- A solid understanding of MVC principles
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux and via remote terminal (LAMP/LEMP stacks)
- Experience using code version control systems (GIT)
- Experience developing with open source PHP CMS. WordPress experience is essential
- Experience with using boilerplate PHP frameworks, such as Laravel
- Experience building interactive applications, including AJAX and websockets
- Solid understanding of web servers and experience in managing infrastructures efficiently
- Strong communication skills; approachable, authoritative, diplomatic, empathetic
- Good understanding of system testing approaches, methods and tools
- Experience of integrating with web services and APIs, including REST endpoints
- Knowledge of DNS including using Cloudflare and Route53.
Further details and full job description available on application.